The take away borrowing starts on 15th of May in the University Library and in the Kosmos Library
The service is available to students and staff of the Lapland University and the University of Applied Sciences.
Orders are placed using the form: University Library and Kosmos Library
- An order can contain up to five books.
- Orders can only be placed if the book is available in library.
- The order can be picked up the next day. The customer will be agreed by phone at what time you can apply for a book order.
- Orders can be picked up from the library daily Mon-Fri 12-14, but not 21st and 22th of May (Ascension Day).
- Orders are not delivered from one location to another.
- The service is carefully instructed to ensure that it is safe for both the customer and the staff.
- Customers are only asked to order necessary material, as the library's resources for ordering orders are limited in exceptional circumstances and the arrangement must be able to ensure the safety of staff and library customers.
How to pick up
- The library processes material requests on the business day following the order, beginning from 15th of May.
- The material is retrieved from the collections, loaned to the customer and packed in a plastic bag. The customer will be agreed by phone at what time you can apply for a book order. It is important that the stated timetable is followed in order to avoid congestion and maintain the security of customers.
- Take away points are located in the University B-wing back door (library back door) and in Kosmos, the Door A.
- When collecting an order, the customer must present his/her id, after which the book bag will be handed over to them. Follow the instructions on the door when picking up your order.
- Orders are not delivered by mail.
- The pick-up point has no other services than pick-up of ordered books. The library's customer service is available online Mon-Fri 9-16 via chat, phone and email.
Arrangement of LUC library services during May and summer
All library units are closed, but the customer services are still available online (chat, email, telephone).
- The take away borrowing starts on 15th of May in the University Library and in the Kosmos Library. See more information in the news.
- All loans are automatically renewed, new due date is 26th August.
- Placing reservations and holds on material is not possible
- Loans can be returned to the return boxes at the A-wing of the University of Lapland and at the A-door of the Kosmos building. Please, do not return loans if it is possible for you to keep them over summer.
Please notice that due to the library system replacement, all LUC libraries are closed during summer. Be prepared to borrow material before libraries close.
- The University Library and the Arctic Centre Library will be closed from 29th June to 24th July.
- The Kosmos Library and Minerva Library will be closed from 19th June to 7th August. The due date of the loans is 26th of August