The three-day workshop was full of work but also rewarding to the participants as well as to the organizers and workshop coaches.
– We are happy but a bit tired. It was very nice to see other cultures and people from other schools and learn how they do the teaching work in their schools, Leppänen and Frimodig point out.
7th graders from Luleå, Josephine Kuo and Alva Lodén, participated in the art workshops. They enjoyed getting to know new people and new cultures.
– At start we were a bit nervous of meeting new people, but as soon as we got into it and workshops started everything has been great, girls explain.
Pupils from Ivalo, Ada Lähdekorpi, Riia-Maria Huovinen and Elina Moshnikoff, also took part in the art workshops. For them this experience was unforgettable.
– We had so much fun, and it was great to meet new people and we will miss everyone.
Teachers from Ivalo, Rodney Francett and Katri Kittilä, sum up that a lot of sweat and tears were poured during the three days video workshop to produce a 1,5-minute short movie. Both emphasize that by participating in the workshop they got a lot of new resources for teaching.
– An amazing amount of work, It was fun and depressing and exciting and happy, Francett laughs.
Also Olga Manytckova, a teacher from Russia, was pleased with the results of the video workshop.
– We have been working for three days making two videos and I think it was hard working. We hope that our co-teacher, the best teacher, Timo Puukko thinks that we were obedient and hard working, Manytckova says smiling.
Russian pupils Lada Sergeeva and Yana Shapar took part in the video workshop and three days of work left a smile on their faces.
– We met here a lot of new friend so it was very exciting, and I think that the ArtctiChildren InNet project is the best project maybe, Shapar praises.
– Now I have got a lot of knowledge about making films that I didn’t know before this project. And we will miss everyone, Sergeeva continues.
Videos on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ArctiChildren
In the video workshop, two short movies were produced. Lada Sergeeva was one of the main characters in the short movie ”Good Girl”.
All the participants spent a nice evening together in Kukkolaforsen, Sweden. Students of social services also participated in the evening by organizing fun and activating games.