Kemi-Tornio UAS + Rovaniemi UAS = Lapland UAS on 1 January 2014
Evolution and revolution! The operations of Kemi-Tornio University of Applied Sciences and Rovaniemi University of Applied Sciences will merge on 1 January 2014.
As for the students, the changes will be quite small. Your entitlement to study will remain unchanged as well as your opportunity to complete your degree. You will be studying with the same teachers and in the same town as today. The services of the library, school restaurants, health care, student affairs office, etc. will also be available as today.
What will change?
- From 1 January onwards you will be studying at Lapland University of Applied Sciences
- The school logo and web address will be changed. Students' info pages will also be on www.laplanduas.fi.
- Students graduating after 31 December 2013 will get their certificate/diploma from Lapland UAS
- Student unions Ketoakku and Camos will form ROTKO
- The e-mail addresses will change at the turn of the year 2013/2014 but you will be able to receive e-mail to your old address after the change. Your new e-mail address will be @lapinamk.fi
The Ministry of Education and Culture will revise the licenses of all universities of applied sciences at the end of this year and, at the same time, decides on their rights to provide education. For this reason, it is important for you to consider carefully if it is worthwhile to enroll as non-attending. It may be that the education you have been accepted to now will no longer be started at the university of applied sciences that you have chosen.