LAPLAND UAS’ INTERNATIONAL WEEK 24-28 FEBRUARY 2020 (week 9)
The detailed programme will be announced closer to the International week.
Tuesday 25.2 Find your Northern Factor in Kemi and Tornio!
- Rovaniemi and Tornio visitors visit to Kemi campus. The journey starts in the morning from Rovaniemi and the bus will pick up Tornio visitors from Tornio campus. Rovaniemi and Tornio visitors: Sightseeing Rajalla on Tornio and Haparanda border.
- In Kemi teaching or other program in the morning.
- The rest of the day common programme for everyone in Kemi campus.
- Visit to SnowCastle Kemi.
Wednesday 26.2. Find your Northern factor!
- Special event in each campus in the morning (Kemi, Tornio or Rovaniemi)
- International Fairs or presentations of your home university in each campus: possibility to market your home institution. Take marketing material with you.
- Teaching or special programme for the other staff in the afternoon.
- Welcome dinner in each city.
Thursday 27.2. Find your Northern factor in Rovaniemi!
- Kemi and Tornio visitors visit to Rovaniemi campus. The journey starts in the morning from Kemi. During the journey Kemi visitors: Sightseeing Rajalla on to Tornio and Haparanda border. The bus will pick up Tornio visitors from Tornio campus.
- In Rovaniemi teaching or other programme in the morning.
- The rest of the day common programme for everyone in Rovaniemi campus.
- Get together lunch and coffee.
- Visit to Santa Claus Village and meeting with the Santa Claus.
To experience the arctic winter comfortably, remember to take warm winter clothes with you! Typical temperature in February is -15 celcius. But the temperature can be even colder!
The programme includes also individual meetings with colleagues, meeting your outgoing students in Lapland UAS and prospective Incoming students from Lapland UAS to your institution but also discuss cooperation and agreements.
There can be some changes in the program.
Explore three campus towns
In addition to the official programme, you can explore our campus towns Kemi, Rovaniemi and Tornio. Experience with us local life and interesting attractions. All three town has their own unique attractions because of their special locations.
Lapland material-bank, Rayann Elzein.
Kemi is situated in Sea Lapland, in the centre of the Bothnian Arc. Kemi is the place where you can experience the arctic Sea Lapland. The compact city structure and situation of the town close to the nature give you possibility to experience local life and nature easily. Visit SnowCastle or find yourself from the Cruise Iceberaker Sampo.
Rovaniemi is located in the Arctic Circle. Rovaniemi is the combination of the town services and Lappish nature. Ounasvaara hill is located so near to the city center that you can easily walk to the forest from your hotel and you´ll find yourself in the magic winter forest. Of course during your Rovaniemi visit Santa Claus is in the Santa Claus village waiting to see you and in the same place you can cross the Arctic Circle.
Tornio is international border town. It is the twin city together with Swedish city Haparanda. The place is the mixture of art and history. In winter Tornio is full of possibilities to experience the winter activities. The town is located next to the Tornio river which is the biggest free-flowing river in Europe. So why not to go for an ice fishing or challenge yourself and try the ice swimming. And of course you have to try Finnish everyday life by visiting sauna.
In winter, Lapland gives you many possibilities to do activities that you may not do or see at home, like ice swimming or experience the northern lights. So take part in our arctic life and make the registration soon.
Before your visit to Lapland, go and visit Lapland virtually and listen to the sound of Lapland from here.