Northern Finland Conference on Nursing Sciences in Kemi, Finland
GUIDELINES FOR ORAL and poster PRESENTATIONS
PARALLEL PRESENTATION SESSIONS, VENUES AND TIME-TABLE
Final information about the parallel sessions, their venues and schedule will be updated on the conference website by March 1st, 2019.
PARALLEL PRESENTATION SESSIONS IT-TOOLS
All presentation venues are equipped with a PC and a beamer. Microsoft Office with Power Point is available in all computers.
GUIDELINES FOR ORAL PRESENTATIONS
- The maximum duration of oral presentations is 10 minutes. After each presentation 5 minutes will be reserved for questions and discussion.
- Presentations should focus on research results or development project outcomes and their applicability in practice.
- Each parallel session is lead by a chairperson who will be in charge of the programme and time management. Presenters are to sign in with the session chairperson before the session begins.
- All presentations must be downloaded in the session PC well before the session begins, at least 15 minutes before. There is a technical assistant in each presentation venue helping in the process.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR POSTER PRESENTATIONS
POSTER PRESENTATION TIME-TABLE
- Posters will be presented during the breaks marked in the conference programme. Presenters will be interviewed and a reward given to the best poster presentation at the end of each conference day.
- Posters will be different each conference day. The presenters are responsible for hanging up their posters in the morning and taking them down at the end of the day. Posters are numbered according to their presentation spot. Respective numbers can be found in the conference programme.
- Final schedule of the poster presentation dates and numbers will be updated on the conference website by March 1st, 2019.
POSTER SIZE AND HANG UP
- Maximum size of the poster is A0 (width 84,1 cm x height 118,9 cm).
- Posters must be designed and printed vertically.
- Conference organisers provide pins for hang up.
ELEMENTS OF A GOOD POSTER
- Easy to read and understand. The message is concise and clear.
- Contains sufficient amount of information, however, only to the extent where the reader is still left with a desire to know more.
- Not packed with text. The fonts are big enough and the text is well-aligned and divided into clear paragraphs.
- Easily readable even from a distance. (1,5 – 2 meters).The main idea should be perceivable in minutes.
- Font size is between 25 pt in text and 50 pt in titles and subtitles. The poster should not be written merely by using the upper case nor bolded fonts.
- Contains a title (name of the project or development work), names of the authors and their contact information, background of research, purpose, methods, results, and a conclusion.
- Numbering and bullet points are used to highlight essentials.
- Colour scheme is limited to one main colour and only one or two additional colours to highlight.
- Layout is visually harmonic. Illustrations and colours support the text.
- Figures and tables are big enough and appear clear even from a distance. Each illustration carries a title and a description. The resolution of photographs is sufficient.
More information : hoitotiedepaivat