The key competence of the Smart Built Environment competence group is knowledge of the conditions. Knowledge of the conditions includes construction work and measurement technology in the climate conditions of the Northern (even Arctic) area as well as controlled condition competences in a laboratory environment.
The activities take into account the special questions, health and environmental effects of property management. All the activities are based on active interaction between the various parties, aesthetics and the quality of construction.
The group is responsible for land surveying and civil engineering training at Lapland UAS. It carries out research, development and innovation work, maintains laboratory environments, conducts service business and training sales and organises special training.
Special competence areas
- Integration of technology, business and design
- Smart construction prototypes and simulations
- ICT (cloud and data, equipment design, data collection) application in the built environment in a user-oriented manner
- Low-carbon construction
- Knowledge of the conditions (including condition testing)
- Smart traffic maintenance
- Smart building services
- Sustainable construction
- Modelling and 3D design of buildings and systems
- Building system development and maintenance
- Smart energy control
- Management of knowledge of the conditions
LUC Strategy 2030