The thesis is started by creating a topic proposal in Wihi. The thesis coordinator will review your topic proposal and add at least one supervisor to the thesis on behalf of the UAS. Once the topic proposal for your thesis has been approved, you will be allowed to start working on your thesis.
The thesis must be related to the main educational content of your degree programme and professional practices in the field. The topic proposal is prepared for the approval of the topic, for the possible seminar group as a basis for discussion and for the student for further work.
The topic proposal is a preliminary thesis plan which shows what will be done and why, how and when.
Information to be completed in the Wihi topic proposal
The Lapland UAS has prepared student instructions for using Wihi.
Background information about the author/s
- Name of the thesis in English (two times, i.e. do not write the name in Finnish; the name can be changed in the graduation phase)
- Specialisation, i.e. your own degree programme. Be specific and use the official name of the degree programme, so that the coordinator can identify and process the topic proposals for their own degree programme.
- Planned start and end date of the thesis project
- Type of thesis (development-oriented, research-oriented, diary-based, etc.)
Description of the work, goal and result
As detailed a description as possible of the thesis content, goal and desired outcome. Explanation of what the outcome of the thesis will be in practical terms. In the case of a diary-based thesis, description of the main tasks here
Description of the significance, utilisation of the thesis results
Explanation of who needs the result and for what purpose, as well as the benefits of the finished result. In the case of a diary-based thesis, a description of the key competences required.
Planned tools (hardware, software, etc.)
Planned working methods (methods, practices, etc.)
Commissioner information (may be preliminary)
- Commissioning organisation
- Contact person
The possibilities of the student to carry out the proposed work. List of advanced professional studies completed by the student before starting the thesis, at least the RDI studies supporting the proposed thesis. Any other studies or work experience that support the thesis.
Present your topic as instructed by your degree programme.