Lapland University of Applied Sciences wants to support Ukrainians who have left Ukraine because of the war. They are entitled to take courses without paying the course fee. Open UAS studies doesn’t directly entitle the student to get into one of the degree awarding programmes in the Lapland UAS but the credits collected from Open UAS studies can be attached to a degree.
The study right to open UAS may be granted to
- students who have a valid right to study towards a degree at a Ukrainian University and whose studies have been interrupted by the war or
- Ukrainians who have Ukrainian citizenship and have been granted asylum.
Study in Open UAS
Open UAS offers courses for the citizens of Ukraine. These studies are free of charge for the citizens of Ukraine. When registering studies you must send requested documents. Send an image or scanned document by encrypted email .
Requested documents are:
- A copy of degree certificate and/or transcript of records (or any other relevant study documents) OR a free format description of studies (the applicant can write this themselves, for example)
- A copy, a photo or a screenshot of the applicant’s passport
- A copy of the document that you have received from the Finnish police when you applied for temporary protection or asylum OR your residence permit card OR the decision of temporary protection
The student needs a sufficient level of English for their studies. Your language skills might be tested. In master degree studies, you have to have a suitable bachelor-level degree or other suitable higher education degree.
Studies and how to apply
Lapland UAS offers single study units and path studies for all Ukrainians free of charge until 31.7.2023. You can do the registration via links below.
The studies offered by the Open University of Lapland UAS are:
Path studies and modules, bachelor
Single study units, bachelor
Single study units, master
Lapland UAS offers Individual study path for those whose studies have been interrupted. Right to study can be admitted until 31.7.2024. If your studies have been interrupted and you are interested in studies in Lapland UAS, please contact first email@example.com. We can plan your studies and do for you the Individual study plan.
More information about studying in Open UAS can be seen here.