To enroll for non-attendance student
All new students are to enrol for attendance or non-attendance. Only the students who have enrolled for attendance have right of study
The student may register his/her absence via OILI or Submit the conformation form to the address given at the bottom of the page so that by sent date at the latest. If the confirmation form reaches the higher education institution after the deadline, you will lose the study place.
According to the Universities Act/Polytechnics Act, a first-year student may register as absent for the academic year for the following reasons only:
- service under the Conscription Act (1438/2007), Non-Military Service Act (1446/2007), or Act on Women's Voluntary Military Service (194/1995)
- maternity, paternity or parental leave
- the student cannot begin studies due to being incapacitated by personal illness or injury. (In this case, it could be made clear that this entails incapacity for the entire semester (or academic year).)
You may register your absence from Lapland University of Applied Sciences via OILI or by sending conformation form by post or by email, but you must prove the legal grounds for your absence. Documents proving the legal grounds for your absence should be sent via email or post, or presented to the Admissions Services. Your documents must be received by set date and time.
If you do not present your documents by the deadline, you will lose your right to study.
The above-mentioned reasons do not use up your study entitlement time. You must be able to prove the reason of your absence upon request. The absence period is a maximum of 1 academic year.
- If you have been absent because of military or non-military service or women’s voluntary military service during your first academic year, or you have been on maternity, paternity or parental leave, you are entitled to enrol as absent for one more academic year (two terms) for any reason during the rest of your studies (this absence does not use up your study entitlement time).
- If you have been absent because of your own illness or disability during your first academic year, you cannot enrol as absent any more; therefore your possible absence during later academic years uses up your study entitlement time.
- If you accept your study place and start your studies after 1 August 2015 and you are attending during your first academic year, you are entitled to enrol as absent for one academic year (two terms) for any reason during the rest of your studies.
You cannot complete studies or participate in instruction during your absence. You are not entitled to study grant, meal subsidy or other student benefits (e.g. fare discounts). If you enrol as absent, please remember to cancel your study grant through the e-Services of Kela (The Social Insurance Institution of Finland) at www.kela.fi/asiointi
As an absent student, you have to enrol for next year on schedule. When you continue your studies after your absence, please review your personal study plan and observe the currently valid study plan which may have been changed.
Contact details for sending documents and for additional information
Lapland UAS Admissions Office, Jokiväylä 11 C , FI-96300 Rovaniemi, Finland
tel +358 (0)40 511 8659 or +358 +358 (0) 400 830036