Etusivu / English homepage - Lapland UAS / Students / Guide for new students


Congratulations! You have been accepted as a student at Lapland University of Applied Sciences (UAS)!

We wish you success in your studies, and a fruitful and diverse student life in the coming years.

Welcoming webinar (YouTube)

Information about studies and other issues related to starting studies in Lapland UAS.

Before starting your studies
Accepting your study place and registering

My Study Info service sends a student selection notice to those selected to study.

You must accept the study place and register for attendance / non-attendance by set date. If you are accepted from the reserve list, the deadline will depend on when you receive notification of your study place. You can accept the study place and register as a student in the My StudyInfo service.
If you are unable to accept the study place in the My StudyInfo service, please send an e-mail to admissions@lapinamk.fi.

The application services of the Lapland University of Applied sciences (Lapland UAS) send an information letter to all new students by e-mail.

From Open UAS path student to degree student

Please pay attention to the following matters after you have been accepted to study in Lapland UAS and are transferring from open UAS to Lapland UAS as a degree student:

  1. If your username at the open UAS is based on your student number (in the form A1234567), it will stop working 2 weeks after your right to study at the open UAS expires. Access to the systems (e.g., e-mail, Moodle, K drive, O365, GAFE) and to their information and documents with this id will cease. In this case, you will have to archive the information and documents you need from your email, the university’s server (K drive) and cloud services before your right to study at the open UAS ends (Cloud service instructions, Email instructions, Office 365 email configuration, Office 365 email archiving, Archiving OneDrive files)
    The data and documents in Moodle are automatically transferred to the new degree student user ID (see Student user IDs in the Guide for new students).

  2. If your username at the open UAS is based on your name (in the form flastnam), you will continue to use the same username when studying for a degree, in which case the information in the systems will remain unchanged.

  3. When you start your studies for a degree, registering for study unit implementations in Peppi service is performed with the degree student’s user ID. If the enrolment period has ended, you can ask the instructor responsible for the study unit for help. You can also register via Tuudo (mobile app).

  4. When you become a degree student, the student affairs office mark the studies completed at an open UAS as credit transfers during the first academic year.

  5. Students can print student certificates, transcripts, etc. from Peppi’s Atom service with an electronic signature. In other practical matters related to studying, you can get help from the student affairs office of the expertise group.
Right of non-attendance for the first year

Students can register for absences in the Oili service.
According to the Universities of Applied Sciences Act, a first-year student may only register as absent for the academic year if they are:

1) Serving in accordance with the Conscription Act (1438/2007), the Civil Service Act (1446/2007) or the law on the voluntary military service of women (194/1995); 
2) On pregnancy or parental leave; or 
3) Unable to start their studies due to being ill or injured/illness or injury.
4) In the first academic year, a student may also register as non-attending if he or she is unable to commence his or her studies due to an official regulation relating to the COVID-19 epidemic or some other serious grounds relating to the epidemic. (516/2020) Subsection 4 as added by virtue of Act 516/2020 is temporarily in force from 1 July 2020 to 31 July 2022.

Detailed information

A student starting their studies must register for attendance/non-attendance when accepting the study place.

After accepting a study place, students may only register as non-attending without the non-attendance period consuming the normative duration of the studies if they, during their first academic year,

1)   complete service in accordance with the Conscription Act (1438/2007), Non-Military Service Act (1446/2007) or the Act on Women’s Voluntary Military Service (194/1995)

Document: Conscription card (Finnish  only), which proves that the student’s military service will take place during the academic year.

2)   are on pregnancy or parental leave

Documents:  Kela certificate of pregnancy or parental allowance period or, if it is too early for the certificate, a medical certificate of the pregnancy. Paternal leave can be proved with a Kela certificate of paternal leave or, if the baby has not been born yet, a medical certificate of the partner’s pregnancy. Equivalent certificates from the authorities of other countries regarding statutory parental leave are also accepted.

3)   are  unable  to  start  their  studies  due  to  an  illness  or  disability

Documents: Sickness allowance decision or,  if such a decision has not been issued, a medical certificate. The medical certificate must indicate the nature of the illness or disability and that it prevents the student from starting their studies. A sufficient account regarding the obstacles caused by the practical arrangements required by the illness or disability, such as a student housing foundation certificate that the student is in queue for a special flat required by their  disability. The student’s own statement is not sufficient. The account must also  indicate how the matter will be arranged. A disability is a permanent state; invoking a disability alone is not sufficient. The student must invoke another temporary reason related to the disability.

Continuing  students  must  register  as  attending  or  non-attending every academic year according to the procedure specified by the university of applied sciences  (932/2014,  Section  29). Students register for one academic year at a time. However, if the right to study will end in December, the student in question can only register for the autumn semester. A separate notification is provided of the registration method.

Without special grounds as specified in the applicable legislation, a continuing student may not register as non-attending for more than two semesters during the entire duration of the studies without the non-attendance period consuming the normative duration of the studies. A non-attending student cannot attend classes or exams organised by the UAS, complete practical training as a part of studies or receive guidance in a thesis project.

The registration information can be changed during an academic year on special grounds (please note the limitations regarding the first year of studies) by contacting the student  services. The special grounds can be significant changes in the student’s life, such as severe illness of the student or their family member, pregnancy or parental leave, military or non-military service. If necessary, the application must include a written certificate of the matter from the relevant authority.

Copies of certificates and verification of original certificates

If you have not attached copies of your certificates to your application during the application period, please upload them to your application by the indicated date. 

If you have problems uploading, send an e-mail to admissions@lapinamk.fi

All the information provided in the joint application by students who have accepted their study place is compared to their certificates. The UAS may revoke a student admission if the applicant has entered incorrect information in the application, and the correct information would not entitle them to the study place. If you do not deliver the requested copies to the UAS, your student admission will be revoked. Copies will not be returned.  

Present your original certificates

The original certificates you used in the joint application will, if necessary, be compared to the copies you provided. Finnish certificates of eligibility to apply are primarily checked using the KOSKI- and SURE-services.  Students accepted to bachelor's degree programmes, who do not have a Finnish secondary degree/higher degree, must present the original certificates on which the admission is based at the campus in Rovaniemi or Kemi, no later than September 25, 2023.

Please notice that if the Lapland UAS cannot verify the original certificates, you will lose your study right.

For further information: admissions@lapinamk.fi

Visa, permits and insurance

Finland has quite strict rules concerning immigration. Rules and regulations may differ depending on if you are a non-EU citizen, European Union citizen or citizen of the Nordic countries.

Apply residence permit / visa from Finnish immigration services

You will need a residence permit for studies if your studies take longer than 90 days. The permit is granted for the entire duration of your studies. Read more about studying in Finland from Finnish immigration services- websites from here.

Guide from Digital and Population Data Services Agency for Finnish personal identity code here.

It is possible to apply a residence permit for studies, if your studies lead to a degree or you are coming to Finland as an exchange student. More information about applying for a student residence permit you may find from here.

If your studies mainly consist of distance learning online and doesn´t require you to stay in Finland, you cannot get a residence permit for studies. So, if you hope to visit Finland for a shorter time, check if you can get visa from here.

Need for residence permit? Check these videos and guide: How to get residence permit -video watch here  

Remember these when you apply for a first residence permit for studies -video watch here  

How to apply for a first residence permit for studies- guide, helps you for using the online service ENTER FINLAND. The guide gives you instructions on how to apply for a permit and helps you to make a personal checklist for the application process. Click here to start.

Student´s family members

A student’s family member can apply for a residence permit for Finland. The following people, among others, are considered family members of a Finnish citizen and a foreign national who is not an EU citizen: a spouse, a registered partner, a child under 18 years of age. Read more about how to apply and what kind of sufficient financial resources is needed from here.

Finnish personal identity code

When you get a residence permit for Finland, you will be automatically registered in the Finnish Population Information System and receive a Finnish personal identity code at the same time. If not, you can also get a personal identity code in Finland at the nearest Digital and Population Data Services Agency. Read more about registering as a resident from here.


Obtaining a personal identity code does not automatically register you as a resident of a specific locality, so you will not receive a municipality of residence. It is important to you to have a municipality of residence to be able use city or municipal services. Municipal services include, for example, health care, education and early childhood education. More information about municipality of residence from here.

Instructions to registration of a foreign student in the Population Information System from here.

Make a notification of your move

Remember to notify about your moving to the authorities of the country which you are moving away. Moving away from your home country, can affect for example social security, pensions and taxes. Source: InfoFinland -websites  

Prerequisites for studying
Housing – apply for an apartment!

Apply an apartment

Please note that it is very important to apply an accommodation on time and have it ready before arriving in Kemi or Rovaniemi. The beginning of each semester is a busy time and student housing will be filled up very quickly.

Accommodation in Rovaniemi

Accomodation in Kemi (more information coming soon)
Notifigation of moving

When you move to Finland, submit a notification of move using the instructions on Digital and population data services agency-webpages from here.
If you move to Finland from another Nordic country, the instructions on the moving you may find here.

Make a notification of move. 

Information on accommodation.

Tuition fee
How to pay your tuition fee? Check here!

Studying at Lapland UAS is often independent of time and place, which is why students must have a laptop. Our students can download Microsoft Office products on their computers for free (Mac version does not contain Microsoft Access), but they are responsible for the maintenance of their terminal device. Please remember to always install the latest updates to your device to protect your data. For more demanding data processing and special applications, the computers of the UAS are used. 

During your studies make sure that you have access to USB headsets and broadband internet.

Suitable computers for studying:
A Windows or Mac laptop
• Tablet computer with Windows operating system

Not suitable for studying:
• tablet without Windows operating system
• Linux operating system

Note! Minimum laptop requirements for an engineering student in the ICT field:

  • At least 8 GB of RAM (16 GB or more recommended)
  • 64-bit Intel or AMD processor, 4 cores or more and support for virtualization
  • 64 bit Windows operating system, Home or Pro (not Starter)
  • A separate graphics card with at least 4GB of display memory
  • At least 500 GB of storage space
  • Mac OSX or Linux are not suitable, nor are devices with M1 or similar processors

Settings for WLAN at campuses before starting studies 

The Lapland UAS uses the EDUROAM WLAN network for students’ own laptops and mobile devices.  

Instructions on connecting to EDUROAM here

Help with settings when studies have started:

The service number for students with problems getting access or having other issues should call this number: +358 40 484 4488 or send a email to this address: servicedesk@luc.fi.

Finnish Student Health Service (FSHS) – Healthcare

Students who are registered as attending for the current term and are studying for a bachelor's or master's degree are entitled to FSHS services. Please note, that arriving exchange students, open university students and commissioned students are not entitled to the services of the FSHS. Read more about the FSHS from here.

Health care fee

Students who are entitled to use the services of the Finnish Student Health Service (FSHS) are required to pay a healthcare fee to Kela for each academic term. If you are entitled to FSHS services, you must pay the student healthcare fee. You can't be exempted from paying the fee for any reason. You are not billed for the student healthcare fee, but you must make sure to pay it in OmaKela for each academic term. The due date for paying the student healthcare fee is 30 September for autumn term and 31 January for spring term every academic year. Read more about student healthcare fee from here.

European Health Insurance Card

Students from other EU or EEA countries will have to provide a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) when accessing FSHS services. The card must be obtained before coming to Finland. Students from Britain and Northern Ireland may provide a Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC). Read more about providing the EHIC from here.

Instructions for social and health care students  

If you are a social or healthcare student and your studies include practical training, you need to get to know about vaccinations, tuberculosis, salmonella and instructions for needle-stick injuries. Read more about infectious diseases and vaccinations from here.

More information about the FSHS-services for students from here.


In case of emergency, for example life threatening situation, accident, fire or urgent police assistance call the emergency number: 112. You do not need an area code when calling the emergency number, not even from a mobile phone. Emergency calls are free of charge from all phones.

Campuses and transport

The Lapland UAS operates on three campuses: Jokiväylä in Rovaniemi, Kosmos in Kemi and Minerva in Tornio.  

Students in tourism, business, physical education, physiotherapy, medical and health care, agrology, forestry and engineering study at Jokiväylä. 

Students in medical and health care, social work for the aged, social sciences, mechanical engineering and electrical and automation engineering study at Kosmos. 

Students in business, data processing and visual arts study at Minerva. 

The Lapland UAS has parking areas containing spaces with and without heating poles. Spaces without heating poles are freely available to students. Between 1 November and 15 April, parking in heating pole spaces is allowed only with a parking permit. At other times, parking is allowed without a permit.

  • Watch the introduction video for Kemi!
  • Watch the introduction video for Rovaniemi
  • Watch the introduction video for Tornio!
  • Matkahuolto (bus schedules) 
  • VR (train schedules) 

Before coming to Finland we recommend to check Finnish custom's instructions for travellers.

Stay up-to-date - get to know the channels!

How to get information about current issues at the Lapland UAS

The institution’s information website. This information is also available at Tuudo. If the issue concerns only a specific campus town, the information is published in a town-specific manner. Tuudo also contains other important information for students. 

Open jobs and traineeships. Recruitment ads submitted by employers are published on Tuudo. 

Facebook group for students of the Lapland UAS (and other cool people).  

Facebook group for student events 
Student events that take place in Lapland UAS are on this page.  

Information screens on the school premises. 

The best way to stay up-to-date on student life is to follow Student Union’s ROTKO's social channels, event calendar and tutors' Instagram accounts.




Email @edu.lapinamk.fi when it is urgent and / or important that everyone receive the message with the same content. 

Travelling to the Finnish Lapland


The first thing you need to do is to find your way to Helsinki. Any travel agent or airline company should be able to get you a flight to Helsinki from just about anywhere.

The next step is to get from Helsinki to Rovaniemi, Kemi or Tornio. There are several ways to do this.


To Rovaniemi

Travelling by plane is the easiest way. From Helsinki there are two airline companies, Finnair and Norwegian that operate between Helsinki and Rovaniemi. The flight time is approximately an hour.

The second alternative is to travel by train. The trip takes about 10-13 hours. There is a direct bus/train service from Helsinki-Vantaa airport to the train station. The train schedule, price information and basic information about the Finnish railways are available on www.vr.fi.

The third way to travel to Rovaniemi is by long-distance bus. The bus trip lasts about 11-13 hours. You can find more information about bus schedules and prices on the page of Matkahuolto.

To Kemi and Tornio

The quickest and easiest way to reach Kemi and Tornio is to take a domestic flight from Helsinki-Vantaa to Kemi-Tornio airport. The flight will take about an hour. All scheduled flights are available at www.finnair.com.

From Helsinki railway station you can take a day or night train up north to Lapland. Travelling by train from Helsinki to Kemi takes 8-10 hours. Notice that it is easier to travel if you take a straight connection to Kemi without changing trains on your way. The train schedule, price information and basic information about the Finnish railways are available on www.vr.fi.

The third way to travel to to Kemi and Tornio is by long-distance bus. You can find more information about bus schedules and prices in Finland on the www.matkahuolto.fi. There are connections from Helsinki to Kemi and Tornio, from Stockholm to Haparanda-Tornio (www.tapanis.se), from Alta, Nordkapp and Tromso to Rovaniemi (www.eskelisen-lapinlinjat.com), from Murmansk to Rovaniemi (www.goldline.fi). From Rovaniemi you can take a bus or train to Kemi and Tornio.


Studying at a University

At universities of applied sciences, we are closely linked to everyday life. Working life and different industries are present, and theoretical, practical and experience-based knowledge are interlinked in learning. Problem-solving and decision-making skills develop when investigating real problems and phenomena in working life. The studies are community-based and collaborative. Students, teachers and working life entities build common knowledge and understanding together.

Read more about studying at the UAS!

Digibag – a Digital Toolkit to master digital learning skills.

Guidance for studying

There are several people in our UAS that can help you with your studies. You have the possibility to get guidance for your studies and learning even before your studies begin. And ofcourse throughout your studies. Guidance is provided by study counsellors, teachers, guidance experts, support services’ staff and representatives of working life. In order to streamline your studies, it’s good to ask for advice and guidance as soon as you start wondering about something.   

Get to know our support services from here.

Student tutors and peer tutoring

Starting studies in a university of applied sciences means entering a new situation in life, which may entail moving to a new locality away from friends and family back home, taking responsibility for one’s own life, and beginning studies that differ in nature from studies in a vocational or upper secondary school. The most important factor that eases studying at the start is interaction with others in the same situation. Other students can provide support and information on studying. 

The purpose of student tutoring during the initial phase of studies is to facilitate and support the new student’s integration and orientation into the UAS community and the new situation in life. It is important for new students to meet their fellow students. The goal of tutoring is to awaken the student’s own activeness and reinforce interaction between the student and the staff of the UAS. 

The tutor acts as a bridge between the new student and the staff of the UAS. The new student should learn how to address possible problems and how to solve them. However, the tutor is not a psychologist or a student counsellor, and does not need to know everything. More essential is to know where the information and help can be found. Tutors job is to listen encourage and advise. 

The purpose of tutoring is to…

  • be present for the first year students
  • help the new student’s to get friends
  • help new students find their place in the school community
  • improve the grouping of a new group
  • create a positive atmosphere
  • share information
  • introduce a new student to UAS practices and student life
  • encourage to participate in various events
  • create and develop activities for the first year students
  • be the voice of students
  • ensures continuity of tutoring 

    List of the current tutors can be found from Lapland UAS Web page:  

    Student tutors 
Welfare services

As a student, the most important tool is yourself. Taking care of your well-being helps you cope with your studies and it is also important for your future work. Sometimes we need guidance and counselling, as well as help and support. Talking to student wellbeing professionals can help you structure things and find a new direction.  If you need tips on maintaining your resources, streamlining your studies, overcoming anxiety or stress, check out the website Arjen ituja. 

University Social workers

prevent and support student’s well-being. Social workers provide guidance and counselling for students and support students with their studies. Most often, students contact social workers if they want to discuss their life situation; everyday life, studying, learning problems, stress or loneliness. Contact information for the University social worker services from  here.  
Well-being instructor  

will give you tips and advice on starting exercise, well-being and coping. Appointments can be taken, for example, by phone, Skype and e-mail, or face-to-face meetings are also possible upon request. Don’t hesitate to contact!
Mika Vettainen
040 182 6341

Explore the curriculum
Start exploring your own studies in the curriculum. Curricula can be found in the Study Guide.
Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
Students are allowed to take advantage of studies they have completed at another Finnish or foreign higher education institution or another educational institution, and to include or replace studies with other same level studies, as well as with other proven competences (932/2014, 37§). A student’s competence is central, regardless of where and how the competence was acquired. The recognition of prior learning can be done right at the beginning of studies or at a later stage. The benefits of the recognition of prior learning include e.g., graduation at a faster pace, elimination of overlapping course contents and awareness of your own competences. 
It is important that you familiarise yourself with the curriculum and recognise your own learning in relation to the learning objectives of courses. Please get prepared for Individual Study Plan (ISP) discussions by compiling documents for demonstrating your competences, such as competence description forms and work testimonials. 

Read more about applying.
Study online

Remote and online studies at the Lapland UAS mean using a computer and network for studies. The learning event is not tied to a classroom, instead, you study in part or completely in different online environments. 
When participating in remote and online studies, you are responsible for ensuring that your computer and internet connection work. Online studies do not require specific IT skills; basic computer and internet skills are sufficient. In orientation studies, you practice the use of e-learning tools. The personnel of Lapland UAS’s eLearning services always provide personal assistance when needed.

Internationalisation – My Global Story
As a student at the Lapland UAS, you have a possibility to acquire international competence in many ways. You can, for example:  
• go for an exchange abroad for studies or traineeships 
• take part to a summer school or other short exchange 
• complete online course(s) arranged by one of our partner institutions 
• participate in international student ambassador activities 
• become an international student tutor 
By going for an exchange or participating in other international activities, you will improve your language skills, acquire valuable knowledge for your future career, make new friends and gain a lot of self-confidence among many other important things. 
Explore different possibilities and find your way to gain international expertise! 
Read more here

Accessibility in studies means that every student of the Lapland UAS has equal opportunities to study. In matters related to accessibility, we recommend contacting the UAS before starting your studies. For more information, contact your own study counsellor or university social worker.

More about accessibility here!


The Lapland University Consortium offers library services to the University of Lapland and the Lapland UAS. As a student at the Lapland UAS, you can borrow books and use the library’s electronic collections on LUC-Finna.  

The library has two locations in Rovaniemi: 

  • University Library
  • Arctic Centre Library 

and two locations in the Kemi-Tornio area: 

Student union and student life

A Student Union can be found from every University of Applied Sciences in Finland. In Lapland UAS, it bears the name Student Union of Lapland UAS, ROTKO commonly known as “ROTKO”. 

As a vigilant watchdog of student affairs, ROTKO’s mission is to ensure that the students' voice is heard in decision-making processes inside Lapland UAS.  

In addition, ROTKO supports and takes part in student culture. ROTKO co-operates with local student associations in various events and organizes activities throughout the academic year. 

Student Union ROTKO in a nutshell 


  • Oversees the quality of teaching
  • Ensure that students are treated equally as members of the university community
  • Oversees well-being of students and participates in the development work of well-being in the working groups of the university of applied sciences
  • Organizes tutor training and supports tutoring work
  • Makes sure that the students’ voice is heard not only within the university but also in Rovaniemi, Kemi, and Tornio regions as well as on national level 
  • ROTKO has student advocates, who advice whenever students feel treated wrongly

ROTKO’s harassment contact persons will help if you have experienced ill treatment or harassment 

All students of Lapland UAS have also a possibility to become full members of the Union by obtaining a student card. Student card offers various local and national discounts and student benefits. 

More information about Student Union and student card can be found from ROTKO’s website.

Enabling user credentials
Activating User Credentials (Username and Password) 

If you do not have Finnish social security number, these instructions do not concern you. In that case, you will receive separate instructions.   

You can activate your user credentials after receiving a notification email from the Lapland UAS. 
If you have valid user credentials from the Lapland UAS or the University of Lapland, you will not receive new credentials, but continue using existing credentials. 

The user accounts are used to log into systems, e.g., Peppi, StudentaPlus, Status, WebOodi, Moodle, the email system, classroom workstations and the wireless network. In order to use the services of the Lapland UAS, you must first activate your user credentials! Once you have activated your username, you can log in to Moodle the next day.

To enable / activate your username using your Finnish online banking account or mobile certificate: 

Instructions here

Read the rules of use of Lapland UAS’s IT services here
Plan and follow your own studies in Peppi

Peppi is a system that combines the tasks of students, teachers and the administration of the UAS into one entity. Peppi works in web browsers, including mobile use. All functions are assembled on the student’s own desktop, which opens when you log in to Peppi.  
The student’s desktop allows the student to plan their studies, monitor their progress, make appointments, enroll for studies, exams and the academic year, as well as view and edit their own contact information. 
Log into Peppi to the student desktop. 

  • Update your contact information in Peppi (help)
  • Explore your own study plan (ISP) and scheduling (help)
  • Registration for implementations (help
Enrollments for course implementations

To ensure your place in the course implementations, enroll for course implementations via Peppi or Tuudo. Your own timetable will be created based on your enrollments. 

Registration instructions.

Get benefits, get a student card!
All students of Lapland UAS have a possibility to become full members of the Union by obtaining a student card. The student card serves as a membership card for your student union and it is also an official certificate that you are a student of the Lapland UAS. Membership of the student union does not bind anyone, but gives its members the opportunity to influence and participate in promoting student rights. Student card offers various local and national discounts and student benefits.  

Student who pays the membership fee can activate a mobile student card (mobile app called PIVO) or get a physical student card with a valid sticker. The PIVO mobile student card is available only for those who have a Finnish bank account and a Finnish social security number. 

 If the person doesn't have a Finnish bank account and a Finnish social security number, they can order a physical student card and use optional mobile student card in Slice.fi mobile app. With Slice.fi app a student can have all the same benefits, except student price train tickets (VR), and bus tickets (Matkahuolto), and student meals in Lapland UAS’s student restaurants. For getting these benefits the person needs to order the physical student card with a valid sticker. With the card a person can confirm that they are a student and are eligible for student-priced travel tickets and meals. The membership has to be renewed each semester or year depending for on how long you buy the membership for. 

 By paying for the student card, you also support the student’s rights and benefits since the money goes straight to supporting the student union. The student union’s main task in all university of applies sciences is to oversee for student rights. If you own a student card, you have the right to vote for the student representatives that are chosen each year from the members of the student union. 

 More information from ROTKO’s web site.
Start time of studies

Contact teaching begins at different times depending on the degree programme. Information about starting time can be found in the menu below.  

Orientation studies start with a self-study package before contact teaching. 

For more information on studies and the campus days/contact lessons, contact the Student Affairs Office of your degree programme.

Starting dates for studies starting in autumn 2023.

Start orientation studies

Before the start of contact teaching, students starting their studies at Lapland UAS complete orientation independently in the Moodle e-learning environment. You will get to know the services and systems that support your studies.

You have received instructions by email for activating your username and completing a self-study package for study orientation. It is recommended to complete the self-study package two weeks before the first contact instruction session. If you have not activated your student credentials, activate them here.

Start with orientation studies.


Once you have enrolled for the course implementations, you will get a timetable based on your enrollments. You can view your own timetable from Tuudo. You can find Moodle’s assignment and exam schedules also from Tuudo’s timetable.  You can find the timetable on Tuudo’s front page.  
You can also view your timetable in Peppi (help). 
You can view your group’s timetables or room reservations from Timetables.

Login to Tuudo
If you have a smartphone, download the Tuudo application and enable it by selecting Lapland UAS from Tuudo’s menu. After reading the guide For new students, login to Tuudo with your student credentials. This ensures that you have access to all Tuudo functions, such as your timetable and important notices.

INFO FINLAND - Your guide for living in Finland

There are many practical matters that you need to take care of when you move to Finland. But don´t worry, InfoFinland- website is offering information about moving and living in Finland. It is funded by the state and published by the City of Helsinki.  Click here to the website.

Living and studying in Lapland

This website consists of four modules in which you can get to know the real life in Lapland, orientate yourself to Finnish study culture and reflect yourself and your skills as a student and learner. You will also have an opportunity to start studying some Finnish. Living and studying in Lapland