A student who has not completed his/her studies within the statutory time (regular time + 1 year) loses his/her right to study, unless for a special reason the university of applied sciences grants him/her extended right to study for purpose of completing his/her studies.
The application for extended right to study must be submitted in SoleOPS e-Services two months before the expiration of the right to study.
- In the application, the student must present the special reasons for delayed studies. Progress in studies may be considered as a special reason. The principle rule is that no more than 60 cr may be lacking in order to complete the degree. Other special reasons may be various social reasons that have affected the student’s progress in studies.
- The student needs to provide a plan for completing the remaining studies and a receipt of the fee of 50 € for the procedure of the application (A1440/2014 §3).
- A study coordinator adds a Transcript of Records and a Student progression report to the application.
- An extension of the right to study can be granted if the study plan is realistic. A maximum extension that can be granted at once is one year (two semesters).
- The extension of the study right is not granted if the student has already completed the studies required for the degree.
Application for extended right to study form.