Let's enjoy and learn!
Three vivid northern cities (Kajaani, Kemi and Rovaniemi), beautiful nature, and modern mines wait for you in Finland in summer 2019.
Did you know that Finland is one of the fastest growing
mining regions in the world?
in Kajaani University of Applied Sciences and in Lapland University of Applied Sciences
- orientation work before the intensive period in Finland (3 ECTS)
- four week camp in Finland including expert lectures, workshops, laboratory work, field trips and social programme (10 ECTS)
- final report and feedback (2 ECTS)
Our topic in summer 2019: Intelligent Mine Technology
Virtuality and reality in mining operations
- Overview on mining industry in Finland
- Modern mining automation
- Virtualization of mining education
Fieldtrip in Terrafame Ni-Zn-Cu-open pit mine
- Participation in KAMK’s joint r&d -projects with industry Work Safety and Environmental Safety in Mining
- Mine safety protocols in Finnish mining industry
- Finnish geological properties and the most important minerals in Finland
- Environmental effects in metal ore mining
Fieldtrip in Gold Prospecting site in Lemmenjoki River
- Participation in Lapland University of Applied Sciences joint r&d -projects
Closing seminar with certificate award ceremony
To apply, please fill in application form in Arctic Mines -web site at
Deadline for applications is March 29, 2019.
Venues, accommodation and costs:
There will be student accommodation provided during the intensive period in the cities of Kajaani, Kemi and Rovaniemi in Finland.
The cost will be approx. 1650 € including study fee, service package and taxes.
The service package includes accommodation for four weeks, student lunches in university campuses during the study days, and social program.