Eligibility to apply to universities of applied sciences
You can apply to a Bachelor’s degree programme if you have completed:
• foreign education that provides eligibility to apply for equivalent higher education in the country in question.
Some universities of applied sciences may, at their own discretion, consider an applicant to be eligible to apply to a specific programme, when the UAS in question deems that he or she possesses sufficient knowledge and skills for UAS studies on that programme. Further information about the discretionary admission in Lapland UAS, please contact Admissions Office, email@example.com
If you are applying with a non-Finnish qualification and you are not a citizen of an EU/EEA-country, you must provide proof of your English language skills to demonstrate your eligibility to UAS studies by sending a certificate of your language skills to the Admissions Office of the UAS of your first choice by the set date.
You must provide one of the following minimum requirements:
• an IELTS score academic level 6.0. Order your IELTS Test Report (Getting my results). The test result is valid for two years
• a TOEFL score 550 paper-based test / 79 - 80 internet-based test. TOEFL score results are only accepted directly from the Educational Testing Service (= ETS). When you take the test, you will have to designate the institutions you would like to receive your score reports. The Designated Institution (= DI) code for Lapland UAS is 4992. After taking the test you can order additional official score reports for institutions you did not identify in the test. The test result is valid for two years
• a Cambridge ESOL’s Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) level C or Cambridge ESOL’s Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) CEFR level C1
• a Pearson Test of English Academic overall score 51. The PTE General certificate is valid permanently. The PTE Academic score report is considered valid for two years and only if it is accessed via the Pearson score report website.
• skills level 4 in English in all subtests (reading comprehension, listening comprehension, writing and speaking) in the National Certificate of Language Proficiency by the Finnish National Board of Education. The certificate is valid permanently
• an upper secondary school education in English or a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree completed in English and completed in Great Britain, Ireland, the United States, Canada, Australia or New Zealand. The language of education can be seen in your certificate. No other countries will be considered
• a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree conducted in English in an EU/EEA-country
• a Finnish Advanced International Certificate of Education Diploma (AICE)
• grade C in the advanced syllabus test in the English language in the Finnish matriculation examination (grade 4 on an IB Diploma, 6.00–6.95 on an EB Diploma or 7 on an RP Diploma)
• Integrated Skills in English (ISE) , ISE II (B2)
Entrance examination and aptitude test
The eligible applicants that has sent us the below listed certificate copies, will receive the instructions about the motivation video by email.
The students will be selected based on the criteria described in the Eligibility part and motivation video.
Based on the video, students will get a maximum of 30 points:
- Motivation and interest in this particular subject area 10 points
- Proper argument provided 10 points
- Language skills and communication 10 points
The maximum length of the video is 5 min. The applicant must provide a link to the video. It can be published as a private video in YouTube.
This video has to be available latest on 7.8.2017. The applicant is not allowed to remove this video until 31.5.2018. Send video link: firstname.lastname@example.org
The eligibility applicants that has sent us the below listed copied, will receive the further information about video by email.
Content of the video / Evaluation criteria
Technical requirements of the video must be fulfilled so that the video will be taken into account:
- Sound quality must be good enough to clearly hear the applicant’s voice
- The applicant must be recognizable from the video
- Motivation and interest in this particular subject area
o Why do you want to study here?
o Why should we select you?
o How are you planning to arrange your living and studying in Tornio?
o What working plans do you have after graduation?
- Proper argument provided
o Describe your interest in computing
o Provide information about your educational background
o Tell about your work and / or computing experience
o How good team working skills do you have?
o How good problem solving skills do you have?
o Tell about your willingness to work in multicultural teams
- Language skills and communication
o Describe your written and spoken English skills
o Describe your presentation and communication skills
Further information Eija Rajalin tel. +358(0)40 1429036, email@example.com