Training exchange outside Europe
Student Mobility for Training outside Europe
- Students search the training place themselves but you can also ask about the places from the International Coordinator of your study field or from the International Relations Office.
- You can also freely familiarize yourself with the training reports of the earlier exchanges to find good tips for the exchange! Reports are located at the International Relations Office.
- See also: www.cimo.fi and www.mol.fi and ErasmusIntern.org
Who can go to the training exchange outside Europe?
- All degree students of Lapland UAS can apply for training exchange outside Europe.
- Students can receive Lapland UAS Training Grant several times during their studies.
- The exchange period is 3 months minimum. Starting 1.8.2017 the minimum length of the training period is 2 months.
- During the exchange students have to gain 5 ECTS credits /month.
- Training abroad will be transferred to student’s degree as agreed on the learning agreement.
- You can apply for Lapland UAS Training Grant for the training exchange outside Europe
- The amount of the Lapland UAS Training Grant is based on the duration of the exchange (200€/month, maximum 5 months).
- In addition you can apply for Lapland UAS Travel Grant.
- Grants will not be enough to cover all the expenditures – it is very likely that during the exchange students have to use their own assets as well!
Applying deadlines for training outside Europe
- Training exchange outside Europe does not have a specific applying date so you can implement it when it is the most suitable for your studies.
- However, you should start planning for the exchange in time:
- Familiarize yourself to the Lapland UAS’s Going abroad –web pages.
- Discuss with your teacher tutor on the timing and the possibility of training abroad.
- Contact the International Coordinator of your study field for guidance.
- The purpose of the guidance is to go through the exchange process and all the required forms, timetables and Learning Agreement for Traineeship for the exchange.
- All required exchange documents are delivered to the International Relations Office.
- Please keep in mind that you need to return all required exchange
documents/grant applications one month before the training period the
Contact Information. www.laplanduas.fi -> Students -> Going abroad -> Contact
Process and forms
Before the exchange:
- Book well in advance counselling with the International Coordinator of your study field or the International Relations Office.
- Discuss with your teacher tutor / training instructor about the training place’s suitability.
- Write the:
- Learning Agreement for Traineeships together with your teacher tutor/training instructor. Training Agreement will be signed by you, the teacher tutor, the head of degree programme and the training destination/institution. All signatures must be found in the agreement but it can be handed around as a scan.
- If needed, make a separate contract of employment (Must show the amount of possible salary, CV etc. the possible documents required by the employer or the field of your study.
- Fill all needed forms by computer, ask the required signatures and deliver forms and documents to the International Coordinator for review.
- Fill in the electronic SoleMOVE -application. Please see: www.laplanduas.fi -> Students -> Going abroad -> Preparing mobility period -> SoleMOVE and SoleGRANT.
- After International Relations Office has accepted your exchange in SoleMOVE:
- Confirm the exchange in SoleMOVE and then apply for Lapland UAS Training Grant and Lapland UAS Travel Grant in SoleGRANT programme by making two separate applications. Remember to write your IBAN bank account number and Finnish social security number!
- Upload approved Learning Agreement for Traineeships SoleGRANT to Enclosures interleaf.
- Familiarize yourself with the Exchange Student’s Check List, get insurances for the exchange, familiarize yourself with the exchange destination and prepare yourself well for the trip!
During the exchange:
- Read your Lapland UAS email! All communication from home university takes place through Lapland UAS’s email!
- Contact the International Coordinator of your study field and Lapland UAS International Relations Office if you face problematic situations during your exchange. We are delighted to hear your positive experiences as well.
- Exchange must not be discontinued or terminated earlier without discussing the matter with the head of degree programme and the International Relations Office. Only the head of the degree programme can give the permission to discontinue the exchange (www.laplanduas.fi -> Students -> Going abroad -> Preparing mobility period -> Cancellation or termination of the exchange).
After the exchange:
- Before leaving ask the employer for a signed Traineeship Certificate. It is a confirmation of your exchange period/dates and based on the document, students can be asked to pay back some part of the grant if needed.
- Return the Traineeship Certificate to SoleMOVE. Please see: www.laplanduas.fi -> Students -> Going abroad -> Preparing mobility period -> SoleMOVE and SoleGRANT.
- In SoleMOVE, fill out the required information in the After exchange interleaf and Feedback interleaf.
- Start the credit transfer process:
- Contact your practical training supervisor in the faculty.
- After you can see your practical training credits done abroad in WinhaWille, request your Transcript of Records through SoleOPS electronic system. The easiest way is to order the transcript to your email from where you are able to upload the document to your computer.
- Upload your Transcript of Records -form to After exchange interleaf in SoleMOVE.
All needed forms for Training exchange outside Europe are mentioned above. You can find forms in Lapland UAS Internet page (www.laplanduas.fi -> Students -> Going abroad -> Preparing mobility period -> Forms). Before filling in, save the form to your computer.