Timing of the Winter School
Winter School programs generally include pre-course assignments, 2-3h of intensive lessons in the morning, a break, and
workshops in the afternoon. Students should have 27h of studies per week, but it does not have to be face-to-face contact time with the teacher. The school is also well equipped to guide interested lecturers on how to give part of their lectures using various distance education tools and virtual learning environments.
The Winter School on Arctic Business will take place at the School of Business and Culture, Rovaniemi Campus. There is one core module within which the invited lecturers could accommodate their own lecture subjects depending on their expertise and interests:
- International Business in the Arctic 5 ECTS
In addition to the International Business in the Arctic, the themes that are closely aligned to the strategic priorities of Lapland University of Applied Sciences are:
- Managing distances (e.g. skills and tools to support virtual learning environments, distance education)
- Service business and entrepreneurship (e.g. as workshop subjects)
- Smart use of natural (and scarce) resources (e.g. project work and excursions)
- Safety and security (applied in all practices)
Lapland University of Applied Sciences will provide options for accommodation from which the students can choose from. The costs are to be covered by the participants themselves.
Several flights land on Rovaniemi Airport and direct train connections from Helsinki during the day. Different types of shuttle services are available, for example Airport Bus. The costs are to be covered by the participants themselves. Arctic Business Winter Schools 4 weeks programme fee is 550€ which includes:
- Opportunity to be part of the annual “Arctic Business Winter School” organized in collaboration with the partner universities and the Rovaniemi campus of Lapland University of Applied Sciences.
- Opportunity to gain expertise in Arctic Business.
- Organized field trips.
- Organized free-time activities in the scenic surroundings of the city of Rovaniemi, located in the Arctic Circle including visits to Santa Claus and local museums.
- Opportunity to experience the natural beauty, fresh air and possibility to see the Northern Lights.